2013年8月28日 星期三

2013_03_Iva Adamová

* Full Name: Iva Adamová
* University/ Institute: Masaryk University   
* Nationality: Czech Republic 

AMAZING TAIWAN EXPERIENCE

If somebody had told me half a year ago that I would spend my summer in the lovely island on the other side of the globe, I wouldn’t have believed him. However, since I found out that there was a possibility to participate at Summer School at NCCU which was the partner university of my „alma mater“ in Brno, Czech Republic, I have immediatelly fallen in love with the idea about studying, travelling and broadening my horizons in Taiwan. Few months went by and here I am!

I had never been to Asia before so I was very excited about my „Taiwanese adventure“. And after three weeks of my stay in Taipei I must say that the reality is even better than all my dreams and expectations. I have so many experiences to share, so many stories to tell, so many impressions to describe that I could write a book! But even though I have always wanted to be a writer, it is actually quite difficult to make other people understand what we are living here – it is a pure enthusiasm for exploring this wonderfull place and its culture. And much more than that! Gaining experience. Developping oneself.  Meeting amazing friends and living in a multicultural environment. Hanging out with the Taiwanese buddies who are the kindest people on the planet, sharing, studying, travelling. Seeing the world from the different point of view.  I am amazed every day and I cannot fall asleep at night because of excitement. The time passes so fast here but on the other hand, I have already seen so many places, tasted so many kinds of food and met so many new friends that it feels much longer. I think you could spend a half of your life in Taiwan and still have a lot of places to see and things to do. This stay has been actually very inspiring and motivating for me: I am thinking about learning Chinese because I would love to understand local people and their culture. I am sure that travelling is the best kind of education you can ever get and I believe that I will return back soon.

I would like to thank you for the possibility to participate at NCCU Summer School in Taiwan. Special thanks for the smooth organisation and kindness belong to the project coordinator, Allen Chen. Coming here has been one of the best decisions I could have made. Hope to see you all soon again!

Our group of international students in Din Tai Fung restaurant

Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall

   Elephant Mountain and its beautiful view

Wulai waterfalls

沒有留言:

張貼留言