2013年8月29日 星期四

2013_04_Julia Maria Kern

* Full Name: Julia Maria Kern
* University/ Institute: Leiden University    
* Nationality: Netherlands  

My name is Julia Kern and this summer I joined the NCCU summer school in Taipei, Taiwan. I barely can describe what a beatiful and wonderful experience this is. This is for sure the best decision I’ve ever made and I will shortly share some of myexperieces with you.

The first moment I arrived at the I-house, the dormitory where al the international students stay this 6 weeks, I immediately felt welcomed. The crew is really friendly and kind. Already the first day I met somany new people! Everyone is in the same situation and that really creates a strong connection. On monday we had our introduction day, and I really want to compliment the organisation. Everything was planned out so well, and the crew really wants us to feel like at home. In the afternoon I made a placement test for my Chinese course, so I’m with people in class who have the same level of Chinese.

Every week in the morning from 9 a.m. till 12 p.m. I have a business course. In the afternoom from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. I have Chinese Class. The subjects are really interesting, and the professors are really friendly and kind. Also, Chinsese class is a lot of fun! We only have courses form Monday to Thursday, wich give us a 3 days a week free to spend!

I did a lot of great things in the weekend. For example, me and a couple of friends shired motor bikes and went to Hualien and Taroko National Park. That was definitely one of the highlights during my stay. Another weekend we went visiting all the museums and memmorial places of Taipei, a must see.


But not only during the weekends, also after classes we went to Taipei to visit for example of a night market, or went on top of Taipei 101. The public transportation in Taipei is really convenient and that makes it even easierto go to a lot of different places.

I am really happy that NCCU gives us enough free time to discover Taiwan. In my eyes, Taiwan is so far the most beatiful country I’ve ever been to. Not only nature, but also culture. The people here are extremly kind. Even though some of them can’tspeak English, they will find a way to help you .

Going to Taiwan is the best decisionI’ve ever made. I can’t believe this is already the last week and thinking about leaving makes me sad. But it also motivates me more to travel the world and discover new places, people and culture. I would like to thank NCCU for this beautiful opportunity and organisation. Especially toAllen Chen, the project coordinator.


Wonderful excursion organised by NCCU ISS

Eating diner at Taipei 101

Beautiful view of Taipei from Elephant mountain

With my friends at Taroka National Park

With my friend and buddy at Yangmingshan National Park

沒有留言:

張貼留言